If you want the blind to fit inside the window frame
1) Measure the distance from the top of the frame to the bottom at different places, which will allow you to check if the window is rectangular or square.
2) Measure the width of the window inside the frame. From this measurement, remove 1 cm from the width, in order to leave a gap on each side of 5 mm.
Be careful in this mounting frame, it will be difficult to have a completely obscuring effect.
3) Choose a mechanism and decide if you want the chain to be on the right or on the left.
Be careful, make sure the blind is away and does not obstruct your handle.
If you want your blind to be outside the window frame.
1) Decide on the position of your blind. We generally recommend that the top of the blind is 10cm above the window frame. For the position of the hem, the blinds generally fall from 5 to 15 cm below the window sill (or to the sill if the sill exceeds).
2) Measure the length from the top of the shade to the hem position. This is the finished length (measure in several places to find the length that works best).
3) Measure the gap width. Now decide how much the blind should extend beyond the opening and add this to your opening width (usually at least 5cm on each side, check for gaps risk of blockages). This gives your finished width.
4) Choose a mechanism and decide if you want the chain to be on the right or on the left.